The Shipyard, and the Marina, both take great pride in offering quality amenities, attractive grounds, and top-notch facilities for our visitors and guests. In addition to our swimming pool, clean showers and heads, we will also assist you with arrangements for a local taxi, or Enterprise rental car.
Restaurant On Site
- Abby's Place. Casual waterfront dining overlooking the marina and the Connecticut River. Sit on the deck, or dine inside, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Open year round. (located at the Shipyard)
Dealers/Brokers On Site
Please visit our brokerage page for further information.
- Aldrich Yacht Sales: Brokerage specializing in motoryacht and sportfish. (at the Shipyard)
- Boatworks Yacht Sales: Dealers for Grand Banks, East Bay, Hatteras, Cabo, Blue Star and more. (at the Shipyard)
- Eastland Yachts: Dealers for Nonsuch, Hallberg-Rassy; Alerion Express, Sabre, Bruckmann, Beneteau Powerboats, Limestone and quality pre-owned boats. (at the Shipyard)
- Prestige Yacht Sales: Dealers for Hunt Yachts and Beneteau sailboats; brokerage for a mix of fine vessels. (at the Marina)
Marine Businesses On Site
- The Essex Corinthian Yacht Club is a member-owned yacht club offering reciprocity to other yacht club members. Full catering is available by the club's in-house galley. The club overlooks the Connecticut River and is available for rent for your private party or function. (860) 767-3239 (at the Marina)
- Boatique USA of Essex: New England's premier shop for all things nautical. A full line of gifts, collectibles, furnishings and more! (860) 767-2726 (at the Marina)
- Griswold Inn: Fine old fare dining, in walking distance. (860) 767-1776
- The Black Seal Tavern: New England Pub in the village of Essex. (860) 767-0233
- Olive Oyl's Carry-Out Cuisine: Creative carry out cuisine (860) 767-4909
- Sweet P's Ice Cream: Charming ice cream shop on Main Street (860) 767-7805
- Village Provisions Company: A complete convenience market, with deli meats, groceries, beverages, bicycle rentals and laundry service.
- Gabrielle's Restaurant: Contemporary bistro using international influences and local ingredients. (860) 767-2440
- Copper Beech Inn: The Inn provides elegant, high-quality dining. (860) 767-7330
Shops In Nearby Essex Village
Essex is a wonderful historic village that is fun to explore with shops like Toys Ahoy, Hattitudes, Rubber Stamp Mania, Country Pleasures, The Glass Basket and The Peddler Village Gift Shop.
Recreational Fun Nearby
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Old Saybrook, CT
Will deliver and pick up the car at the marina free of charge.
- 9 Town Transit
Bus service from Old Saybrook to Chester
Runs along the Connecticut River
Will pick up and drop off at the marina with a reservation
- Chester Airport
Chester, CT (10 minutes)
Charter and small craft available
- Bradley Airport (BDL)
Hartford, CT (50 minutes)
- Amtrak Northeast Rail Services
Old Saybrook, CT (10 minutes)
Washington – Boston line